Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thinking About Melanoma

It's relatively easy to not think about  my melanoma, except for:


1)  There's a new television entitled The Big C.  Laura Linney has melanoma.



I watched two episodes, but found it about 180 degrees from how I have felt and reacted.  It is humorous, and I like that.  That's where the similarity to my C ends -- didn't build a swimming pool nor burn my sofa.


2) I keep hearing about people with melanoma.  This week it has been:
  • a forty-year-old wife and mother of a seven year old daughter.
  • a fourteen-year-old boy who loves sports.
I always try to share the experiences of my journey and the results of my exhaustive research.  I hope it helps in some way.  I wish I could transfer the hope I have through Jesus Christ my Savior, because melanoma can produce a sense of hopelessness if digested on its own. I wish I could give them the peace I have through my faith in Him, but all I can do is tell them.  I pray they find it for themselves, if they haven't already.


3) My swollen leg, ankle, and vienna sausage toes!


Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.



1 comment:

  1. What an AWESOME verse! Thank God for your life. Trusting Him for your COMPLETE healing. His will for you on earth as it is in heaven.

    ReplyDelete