Friday, September 3, 2010

Blogging is a Big Responsibility


My daugher, Blue-Eyed Bride, always says to me, "Don't try to force your writing; you'll just get stuck and won't be able to think of anything."


That is not my problem.  I have PLENTY to write about; I just can't find a free second to do it.  Gone are the days when I could stay up into the wee hours finishing my to-do list.  For better or worse, I just figure I'll get to it when I get to it.  This morning, I'm getting to it.  And, not because I actually have time to do it, but because I am disciplining myself to write before I go do a million things that must be done today:  All of my little family is coming home today for Labor Day weekend, plus we will see close friends from Louisiana who are in Ft. Worth, plus a few work-related chores that call for me.


I wanted to share pictures of this cute Giraffe theme birthday party for a one-year old last Saturday.  My friend Marsha's little Brenden celebrated in style, for sure.  Marsha did a great job picking the theme and colors; and, together we pulled it off.









Marsha had the invitations, guest book, banner, and cupcake toppers designed by an Etsy artist.  Always amazing finds at Etsy -- at great prices.

Master Brenden in the background as a newborn.  Sweet boy!

One of two pinatas awaiting children with a stick.

 Guests enjoyed delicious food before moving to the dessert room.








Sophie was there, showing up in several places.

What a fun day, and I'm so glad I got to be part of the planning and execution of Brenden's first birthday party.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You guys did a fantastic job! I can't wait to have kids and plan parties like this :)

    ReplyDelete