Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Time Part 1

Summer has, traditionally, been a time for vacation and visiting friends and family. At least that was the case when our children were in school. When school schedules were no longer an issue around which we lived, we became more casual in our visits, seizing a day or a week to get away. Since all of our family live away, we grab opportunities when we can.

But, last week was a week of celebrating family and friends without leaving Dallas. Our son drove over from Louisiana for the weekend, and we shared common loves:

Getting our raw fix at Sushi Zushi....



And, movies....

I didn't cry when either of my children went to college, but I cried when Andy drove off and left his toys.  Great movie for adults.

And, thanks to Mary Kay training, a close friend from my days in Indiana came to Dallas. We only had a few hours because I had to leave to fly to South Carolina, but we talked non-stop over lunch at Stephen Pyles. Folks always thought that Angie and I bore a close resemblance (she is much younger!), especially if you looked at my picture upside down.




We gathered with good friends to celebrate Parker's third birthday at the Highland Park Pharmacy. Hudson and I put together the candy buffet to go along with all the other fun stuff happening.










I haven't had a lot of free time since arriving in  South Carolina, but I managed to free up an hour to meet my good friend Catherine for coffee today.




There is an advantage to having lived in many different places during your lifetime. Good friends abound, and it is great when you can reconnect, even if only for an hour.


Ecclesiastes 4:10
      If one falls down,
       his friend can help him up.
       But pity the man who falls
       and has no one to help him up!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that candy buffet is amazing! As is the cake!

    ReplyDelete