Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Robert Redford is 74 today


In 1996, I directed my husband to dress in straight-leg jeans, loafers (no socks), and a sports coat over a tee shirt.  I took him to the mall and had him stand at the bottom of an escalator as I rode up the escalator and looked back at him.  It was a sexy moment!

My inspiration:  Robert Redford and Michell Pfeiffer in Up Close and Personal, still in my rankings as one of the most romantic movies I've ever seen.  Add Celine Dion singing Because You Loved Me, and I'm a goner.

Admittedly, Mr. Redford hasn't aged all that well (too much SUNdance, I think), I don't care!  He is forever etched in mind standing at the bottom of that escalator. Skip to 7:54 on the YouTube video link below and just watch that scene, especially the last shot in the scene.  (Sorry that the dialogue is in another language; you'll get the point.)  Feel free to indulge yourself and watch the beginning, too, if you're feeling romantic today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyl4Qy-qcQo

I encouraged my friend Janice to see the movie.  To this day, she has not forgiven me for not telling her the ending before she went (as if!).  Just in case, you've never seen it, I won't spoil it for you.  If that's the case.... what's wrong with you?  See this movie.

3 comments:

  1. ummm yeah... you told me the ending before i saw it, too. i've forgiven you, of course, but i was prepared for the tragic ending. terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I am about your age and absolutely adore Robert Redford too. It's a real shame that he looks like a prune now! Anyway, I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through your daughter and I LOVE it! Maybe I can convince my mom to start one too.

    ReplyDelete