Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hodge Podge

I've been recovering from my trip to South Carolina and Tennessee.  I feel like I am slowly coming out of a coma.

Babies are a lot of work, but I loved every minute of being with Hudson (including the minutes we were separated by a locked door).  He's such a good little boy and very easy to care for.  He takes two good naps everyday and sleeps twelve hours at night.  Maybe that's my problem; I got too much sleep while I was away. He reached the important age of 14 months while we were together.  He's learning so many new things, speaking new words, and loves to explore.  He's definitely a hunter/gatherer and very neat with his things. We'll just hope that trait carries into junior high.  We'll also hope that his love for books continues. (Notice that he must always be holding my iphone)


We traveled to Jackson, Tennessee, to visit my niece Catherine and her little girl Lily (19 months).  She and Hudson got along very well.  Lily needed to teach Hudson a few tricks with the toys, and he was attentive to her instruction.  Catherine's mom arrived the day before we left, and we were excited to get this picture of all of us before we packed up to head back to South Carolina.



Upon returning to South Carolina, Hudson sat for his first haircut.  Such a little man, now.  A little sad, but the shaggy hair had to go.



My Hudson and I were apart for our very important 30th anniversary (August 9).  When I arrived in Tennessee, these beautiful flowers from my sweet husband awaited me. Lillies are my favorite flower, primarily because I love the fragrance.

My best friend and biggest supporter, Hudson has been my rock during the past.... well, thirty years.  He's just there encouraging me in his quiet way.  Most importantly, I know that he prays for with every single day.  What a joy and a blessing he is to me.

 
I'm feeling pretty strong these days, even though my leg and ankle continue to swell and my toes look like little vienna sausages by the end of the day. Some friends have shared that they experienced swelling for over a year with lymph node removal as a result of breast cancer. When the weather is a little cooler, I will wear compression hose, and that will help, I'm sure; I just can't do that in this heat.  Bring on Fall weather!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being with Hudson while I was away. Your being there helped me to relax while I was away. I love you so much! It was great to get some time out of the house with you, too.

    Praying for you constantly.

    ReplyDelete