Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Find of the Week

Where have I been, and why haven't I already tuned it to Lonny? Yeah, yeah, I've been a little occupied with doctors for the last couple of months, but this on-line magazine has been around since last year, and it is chock-a-block with amazing design ideas covering a whopping 200 pages.

Founded by fabric designer and blogger Michelle Adams (Rubie Green; MA Belle) and professional photographer Patrick Cline (Brand-Arts).  Michelle had worked at Domino and is from New York. Patrick is from London.  VoilĂ :  Lonny!  The online platform is brilliant. See something you like?  Just click on it, and the resource appears, ready for your shopping pleasure, if you are so inclined.

image from Lonny magazine
Feeling creative? Then, check out the do-it-yourself section. This issue, for example, has an upholstery lesson (pp 58-60). Sit down out at your computer or curl up with your laptop and browse at your leisure. I know, I know. I miss the print magazines, too, but my Kindle is teaching me to appreciate electronic media; and it is nice to avoid the expense and clutter of those magazines stacking up and my inability to throw them away.

A few years ago, I made myself begin tearing out magazine pages during the first read.  Then, I put those ideas in a three-ring binder for future reference.  With the advent of blogs and online magazines, saving and organizing those favorite ideas is simpler and neater.  Hudson spends a little time each day reading the online newspapers from every city where we have lived. I'm happy he does that and fills me in on what he thinks I would need to hear from our former hometowns. That allows me to spend time reading Lonny and other Finds.

God's word is still my favorite read and inspires me above all else.

Psalm 119:11-12
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.

1 comment:

  1. I still tear out pages from magazines and file them in sheet protectors in binders. I've tried to read this one online, but I prefer actually holding one in my hands.

    ReplyDelete