Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Daily Dose

Boosting my immune system to fight any reoccurrence on melanoma has led me down a path of interesting eating habits and supplements.  Here's my daily regimen:
Juice Plus +  -- a whole food based nutritional product containing a wide variety of naturally occurring nutrients – including antioxidants and other phytonutrients – from 17 different fruits, vegetables and grains in powdered concentrate form.
Natural Vitamin D3 -- a useful nutritional tool to improve overall health.
Turmeric -- who knew what this little miracle spice could do?  I'm taking 4 grams per day,
Omega-3 Fatty Acids -- another essential for good health. Since the only meat I eat now is salmon, I probably get enough of this, but what's another pill.
Aloe Vera Juice -- for good digestive health.
Vitamin B Complex -- for energy and to offset the fact that I am eating a primarily vegetarian diet.


Other anti-cancer foods that I focus on are olive oil, dark chocolate (a potent antioxident...at least 72% cacoa), red grapes with seeds (never mind that your mother told you that grapes would grow in your stomach if you ate the seeds), brown grains, and green tea.  Overall, I'm just more cautious about what I put in my body (i.e., things from a can or plastic container or microwaved food).


There are many other things in the anti-cancer regimen:  breathing deeply to take in more oxygen, for example.  My most important aspect is studying the word of God to more clearly understand the plan He has for me  


Since some of my regimen can be rather boring, I have come to South Carolina for the next ten days to amend my daily dosing to include this:


Not boring, very satisfying, and makes you sleep well at night!  


Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

Coming next:  How I, today, lost any hopes of winning "Grandmother of the Year" awards.





1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed with how you're taking control of you health and that little cutie can only help!

    ReplyDelete