Saturday, July 17, 2010

To Market, To Market

A trip to market each year will usually reveal things that are "in," colors, and trends.  Over the past years you could spot polkadots, elephants, birds, monkeys, and anything "green."

Here's what I noticed over the last three days in Atlanta:

Angel Wings








Is there a place in your home for these?

Turquoise

It's been strong all year, and it's still around.  When Pantone picks the color of the year, manufacturers are often slow to respond with product; but not this year.  It's everywhere -- in home decor, fashion, and jewelry.  


Soft turquoise in  urban industrial:


Look how it's mixed with orange and rust to go into fall:


Showroom:  Dallas's own Global Views





Other notes:  Birds are still big, bees are making a comeback, and I spotted lots of butterflies.


All in all, my leg has held up pretty well during the miles I've covered.  My friend Pam from New Orleans met me here and thought she would be pushing me in a wheel chair.  Naahh; we didn't need that.  The short bandage wraps have helped with the swelling, so I've just kept walking. The real reason we come here is to be together.  Sometimes there are a lot of us; this year it's just the two of us.

Before, during and after my surgery I would receive a text message almost everyday from Pam.  It would say simply, "I love you," or "I'm praying."  I would always respond, "I know."  And, I did.  These angel wings remind me of her (not John Travolta, as I mused today).  And, this anonymous quote:
"A real friend is like an angel who warms you by her presence and remembers you in her prayers."

Psalm 91:9-12 
If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home.
For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go,
They will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone.






















1 comment: