Thursday, July 29, 2010

Reminders....

No matter how much I know and believe something, a little reminder is always welcome.  Here was one I received this week:


(Sorry for the iphone quality taken with my left hand through the window of a moving vehicle.)

This reminder:  God's promises are true; you can count on them.  This was the largest rainbow I have ever seen.  I was driving from McKinney to Dallas after an appointment at about 7:00 p.m.  It had been raining.  Then, in an open field I saw it rising from the ground.  When I could safely turn and look over my left shoulder, I could see where it ended.  I can't recall every seeing an "all-the-way" rainbow.  It was awesome and I was humbled by remembering it's origin.

Genesis 9:12-16

And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come:  I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

You may not be worried about being destroyed by flood waters, although there are places where that is a real threat.  But, chances are, you're worried about something.  The Bible contains over 5,000 promises from God; and, if you are his child, you, like I, are "standing on the promises."  Who knows what to believe today?  There's certainly not a lot of trust going around.  But, certainly, we know WHO to believe.  God does not have the ability to lie to us because He is perfect, holy, without darkness; He is the light!  So, I know there is a promise for you today in His word.  One that will take away fear, or provide assurance, or make you happy, or make you humble.  It will be just the one you need when you open His word to read.

I received word from M.D. Anderson that I will return there on October 22-23 to meet with the Integrated Medicine Department, have an ultrasound of my lymph nodes and a PET scan.  I am continuing with my vitamin and supplements regimen and healthful eating.  I felt challenged this week when I attended an event with a Mexican buffet.  Honestly, I found plenty to eat that didn't include meat.  It was rewarding.

My right ankle still looks like a balloon by the end of the day, but the tenderness caused by the lymphedema is less.  It's a nuisance but hasn't slowed me down.  Someone reminded me this week that rest should be part of my wellness plan.  I agree, and I plan to do better...soon!

Thanks to all of you who have offered suggestions, advice, warnings, and opinions.  They are all welcomed (whether I heed them or not).  I read, read, read and am so thankful I have melanoma during the Google age.  My myriad of clients continue to be inspirational as I work to meet their expectations and be a blessing to them in some small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment