Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Drama

It's not as if there isn't already enough drama in my life this summer, but what would we do without a good television medical drama and a riveting cop show for our viewing pleasure.  Tuesday nights on TNT these two shows are back-to-back, but my best friend DVR keeps them around until I can find the time to watch.

HawthoRNe with Jada Pinkett Smith presents some decent medical stories, personal relationship issues (of course) with humor thrown in.  Provides a nice, mindless hour of entertainment.  You'll recognize several cast members from other series like ER.  And, there's Michael Vartan from Alias.  (Now, that was a SHOW!)




Hang around after HawthoRNe and see Memphis Beat.  My Name is Earl star Jason Lee has lost the mustache, but he kept the corn-fed accent.  Critics have bashed it because it is actually filmed around New Orleans rather than in Memphis, but it's worth a look just to hear the music.




  
That all happens Tuesday.  But, today is Thursday -- MRI day.  Then, on Friday I will meet with my medical oncologist and discuss the results of both the MRI and CT scan and what comes next.  Somebody's going to want to make a plan for moving forward.

My brother told me this week that sometimes God doesn't make it real clear what choices we should make; we just have to step out.  When I do that, I will be armed with as much information as I can gather about what's going on with melanoma all over the world.  But, we did both agree that if God chooses to write your course of action across the sky in giant letters, He can do that, too.  Now, that's the kind of drama I'm looking for this summer!

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment