Thursday, June 24, 2010

Looking for Normal

I'm not even sure what my "normal" is now, but I'm trying to get some going. My good friends at the Michael Raymond Aveda Salon opened their arms (and the bottom drawer to rest my foot) yesterday when I finally felt like I could endure some color and a trim. Mario worked his magic, and we all laughed a lot -- part of my recovery prescription. (Sorry about the iPhone-quality picture.)


I stopped in at the World Trade Center for a little while yesterday. Market officially begins this weekend. and I normally avoid the place like the plague during a big market, but one of my clients is needing some rugs. My good friend Mary at Feizy came and picked me up from their corporate office across the street so I wouldn't have to hassle with parking. I discovered just how low my stamina is, and didn't stay long. But, did find some great rug choices. I am planning to go to Atlanta market in July. I may be on of those oft-detested market-goers in a motorized scooter. This is an open apology to all of the people in those scooters that I scowled at during my entire life. I am so sorry!


The heat doesn't contribute to my stamina, that's for sure. Whew, it's hot here. But, it was nice and cool in the choir rehearsal room at First Baptist Church last night. I HATE being fussed over... I prefer to do the fussing. But, those sweet Christian friends and prayer warriors created much fuss when I returned to rehearsal. And, I needed the infusion of the worship experience, prayer, and laughter that happens there. The alto section sounded especially good to my ears last night. Can't wait for Sunday. You can tune in live at www.firstdallas.org.

I guess another part of my new normal are the medical tests that are ongoing. I have a PET scan today at 1:00 p.m. Had to have my cup of coffee in a hurry this morning; nothing by mouth six hours before. Then, tomorrow, I have a CT scan and meet with my plastic surgeon (bye-bye stitches) and the new medical oncologist. Speaking of Dr. Saint-Cyr, my plastic surgeon, look at this link for an amazing story from the Dallas Morning News today.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/062410metnewthumb.1ad907d.html

Gotta run start this ?normal? day. Makes me wonder what other people are doing today and the agendas that make up your normal.

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall if fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?

2 comments:

  1. Prayers coming your way from Indiana! Hoping all goes great with your PET scan. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that scripture, Karen! I'm undertaking a new job that started today, and I was somewhat fearful....kindergarten teacher for this next school year. Yikes! I was a high school French teacher for years. My daughter got me involved in subbing at the elementary level and I've had fun doing it, but thirty 4 and 5 year olds???? Am I able to tackle that? Only with His help and guidance! Isn't it wonderful to be able to call on Him when you feel inadequate?
    Praying your PET scan brings good news!

    ReplyDelete